Whether you are one of the local Ford dealer team members or you’re a shopper looking for advice on the right truck to buy, there are some things you should know about the lineup. Currently, six different truck models wear the Ford blue oval badge, all of them offering different levels of size, capability, pricing, and features. Let’s take a tour of these trucks from smallest to larges and give you a few things to discuss about each truck.
Ford is getting back into the compact truck game with the Maverick, which is a small truck that offers you the compact build you want and a unibody platform. This combination results in a few different items you can discuss with anyone shopping for a small and capable truck.
The Ford Maverick gives you:
- A low starting price at $19,995
- Standard hybrid powertrain, returning 42 mpg in the city
- Capable of towing 4,000 pounds and carrying 1,500 pounds of payload
- First truck with Fort Integrated Tether System
- Flexbed offers a versatile cargo area in the rear
The Maverick isn’t a truck that should be taken lightly or one that doesn’t perform. This is a truck that can be useful for light-duty work or for some fun when you’re out on the trails. If you want a useful and efficient truck to drive every day, the Maverick is an excellent option, giving you the package you need.
The Ford Ranger is an excellent choice when someone wants to drive a midsize truck. This truck comes at a reasonable price and gives you an excellent powertrain for everyday driving. When Ford decided to take the plunge back into the midsize truck pond, they did an excellent job with the latest version of the Ranger.
Some of what you’ll Find in the Ranger includes:
- Strong engine with good efficiency
- Splash Package and Technology Package are both excellent upgrades
- Excellent off-road equipment in the FX4 package
- Blind-spot monitoring optimized for towing
- Ten devices can connect via Wi-Fi
Those looking for a rugged and impressive performer on and off the roads will be glad to find the Ranger at the local Ford dealer.
This is a truck that can do everything you want, and it is ideal for daily driving for those that don’t need a full-size truck.
The Ford F-150 is probably one of the easiest trucks for any salesperson to talk about and for most shoppers to understand. This is the most popular truck in the market, and it has been for a long time. When you’re trying to highlight what this truck brings to the market, some items you’ll want to discuss are:
- Class-leading payload and towing
- Several trims from basic to luxurious
- Several engine options to ensure the right power is present
- Available BlueCruise hands-free driving system
- Black Appearance Package for a sportier look
- Onboard generator to keep tools charged and ready to go
The Ford F-150 has been the ultimate truck for every walk of life. No matter if the need is for work, family events, daily driving, or recreation, this is a truck that can certainly provide all the necessary driving qualities that anyone will enjoy.
Ford F-250 Super Duty
When a heavy-duty and robust truck is what you need, the local Ford dealer has what you’re looking for. Half of the truck lineup for Ford is of the heavy-duty variety, and we begin with the F-250 Super Duty for a tour through these trucks.
The F-250 will bring you:
- Impressive hauling and towing capabilities
- Option of a strong diesel engine
- Excellent truck for work and play
- New infotainment system in the upper trims
- Luxury models at the King Ranch and Platinum trims
When a truck is needed that can tow up to 18,000 pounds and carry up to 7,850 pounds in the bed, the F-250 Super Duty with the diesel engine can get the job done. This is a truck that’s made to get things done but could be ideal for pulling a boat to the lake for many weekends of fun.
Ford F-350 Super Duty
Before we reach the commercial level of the Ford trucks you’ll see, you should get to know the Ford F-350 Super Duty. This incredible truck is the one carrying the torch in the heavy-duty truck class right now. There are luxurious levels of equipment offered and massive power for the drive.
The Ford F-350 offers you:
- Up to 37,000 pounds of towing capability
- Excellent trim range for the comfort desired
- Trailer to camera system with Pro Trailer Backup Assist
- Tremor Off-Road Package
- Amazing Power Stroke turbocharged diesel engine
If you think that you need one of the strongest trucks in the market to get things done, the Ford F-350 Super Duty is the ideal truck for the job. Just seeing 1,050 lb.-ft of torque coming out of an engine is enough to let anyone know this truck can seriously get things done.
Ford F-450 Super Duty
The Ford F-450 is an interesting truck and one that might work for your business needs. When shopping for a truck that can be outfitted with the right equipment, the Ford dealer team can introduce you to the upfitting and customization options for the F-450 Super Duty. Of course, this truck can also simply be a powerful truck that’s big and bold.
Some of what you’ll find in the F-450 include:
- Best-in-class towing and payload (although this truck might be in a class by itself)
- One-ton sized truck where other brands stop with a three-quarter ton model
- Perfect for the hard work you need to get done
- Livable and comfortable truck
You might expect a truck geared toward commercial work to have only the needs of fleet managers in mind, but the Ford F-450 Super Duty can be right for an individual or family with tons of comfort items included.
This truck is unique with the size of the build and the amazing features you’ll find.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning a commission is given should you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. All products shown are researched and tested to give an accurate review for you.